Today's topic is Christmas music and the winner will win a Christmas CD, Have Yourself a Merry Little Country Christmas. It has a wide variety of holiday favorites from country singers like Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Martina McBride, Kenny Chesney and more.
I love Christmas music. Which is a good thing this time of year because it is everywhere. In the grocery stores, malls, restaurants and all over the radio. It's to get everyone in the spirit of Christmas. So, today I am going to list ten of my favorite Christmas songs, both old and new that always get me into the Christmas Spirit.
10. "Christmas is All Around" - Billy Mack (Played by Bill Nighy), I love this song from Love Actually. I get it stuck in my head for days after watching the movie and it is really catchy.
9. "White Christmas" - Bing Crosby. Need I say more. :)
8. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - Frank Sinatra or Judy Garland. I love both versions and it is such a great song.
7. "My Only Wish" - Britney Spears - It is just one of those fun songs that I remember from high school and it is so fun and upbeat.
6. "Belleau Wood" - Garth Brooks. This song was not released, but it was on one of his CD Sevens. It is the beautiful story of the Christmas truce during World War I in which both sides sang Silent Night in their own languages together.
5. "Last Christmas" - Taylor Swift. I like the original version too, but I am a Taylor Swift fan so it is a guilty pleasure.
4. "All I Want for Christmas is You" - Mariah Carey, although the little girl in Love Actually rocked it too.
3. "Silver Bells" - Rosemary Clooney & Bing Crosby - it is just such a cute song and always has been one of my favorite Christmas duets.
2. "Silent Night" or "Stille Nacht" - I have no particular version of this song that I like best, but it is one of my favorite hymns. It is beautiful both in its original German and in English.
1. "O Holy Night" - There are also many beautiful versions in of this song and it is definitely my favorite one during the holidays.
Honorable Mention Holiday Song - "The Chanukah Song" Adam Sandler. It is just so funny, I had to put it out there.
It is hard to narrow down the list to 10, but I think I got most of my favorites on there!
What are some of your favorite Christmas songs? Don't forget to include your e-mail address to be eligible for the Christmas CD.