Monday, September 20, 2010

Procrastinators Unite...Later

First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS to Jennifer Jakes! RAFE'S REDEMPTION is going to be published by The Wild Rose Press in e-book and print formats. This manuscript was a 2010 Golden Heart Finalist, and we are all so very happy for Jennifer.

Now, for a little inspiration to get us all moving forward on our writing journeys:

I do love to write. Writing has been a steady force through a few ups and downs, but let's face it--sometimes, a girl just has to do a little...ahem...research to get inspired. Some might call it procrastination. Some might question the necessity of searching through semi-nude male photo after semi-nude male photo, but take it from a pre-published author--in the end, it will be worth it. And as for how it helps in the here and now...well, do I really have to expound on those benefits?

For example, my current WIP is about two competing chefs. Who can really resist a man in an apron? Especially if he's wearing little else and catering to my foodie needs. So I painstakingly pored over images, hoping to get some sizzling pictures to inspire my hash-slinging hero until I finally found just the right ones. Here are just a couple of the too-hot-for-my-kitchen top chefs I came across:

Rocco Dispirito





Sam Talbot

Jeff McInnes

Bryan Voltaggio

Oh, my, is it hot in here, or is it just that chefs wear too many clothes? But what exactly is the cure for procrastination of this sort? The need to give my fully visualized characters their HEA, of course.

Okay, okay, I've "researched" enough.

But before I go, any other chefs warm your burners?

Happy writing!

Sherry

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my, this will certainly give my next meal out an extra delightful touch :)

    I certainly can't resist a man who cooks. And a man who cooks beautifully? That's romantic, ladies. I don't have an addtional suggestion--I'll just admire current ones.

    Sherry, your chefs plot sounds intriguing.

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again, Jennifer! That is awesome news.

    Now about those chefs, I think someone left the oven on because it is hot in here. :) Those are definitely some inspiring men! Your WIP sounds interesting and a lot of fun. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jennifer! Sherry, I love the look of the last guy. Have you seen "No Reservations"? Aaron Eckhardt was sexy in that role with CZ Jones. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHEW! *fans myself* It's definitely quite warm in here. Those are some yummy delights for sure. I agree with Lori too about "No Reservations". Aaron Eckhardt is delicious in that but then again when is he not? Wonderful post, Sherry! Thanks for sharing such tasty treats with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I may have to take up watching cooking shows...that Jeff McInnes is cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post and great pictures! Since I don't watch TV, surfing the net for semi-nude photos is right up on my list of relaxing pursuits. LOL It's inspiring on so many levels. Good luck to you on the WIP, Sherry.

    Congrats to Jennifer on your contract, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry,

    Verra interesting post! I LOVE the pics and anything that involves food...well, I'll be there! LOL!!

    HUGS
    trish

    ReplyDelete