Hello Angels! Today I want to talk about losing it. "It?” you ask.
Yes….IT! You know, the IT that we’re all born with, but hopefully, don’t die with. Virginity.
Now, there are many different forms of IT to lose and many ways to lose them. I’ve been privileged to have lost my virginity several times over in the last few years.
“How so?” you say?
1. A little over three years ago, I finished my FIRST novel.
2. Shortly afterward, I joined Romance Writers of America for the FIRST time.
3. A year or so later, I hooked up with Romance Junkies and entered my FIRST writing contest where other eyes could see my work (Besides friends, co-workers, and my mother, who thinks anything that comes from me is pure genius.)
4. Last year, I set up my FIRST website, after which I got my FIRST hit.
5. I also set up my FIRST blog.
6. Went to my FIRST RWA conference.
7. FIRST became part of a writing group of gorgeous, diverse, supportive, and talented women called the Ass Cheek Angels…thank GOD!
8. Read some of my work in front of a crowd for the FIRST time. (I would rather walk through fire than go through that again, but I know I’ll have to get used to it!)
9. And most recently had my “Pitching Cherry” POPPED by a 4’8” tall force to be reckoned with by the name of Cherry Weiner. (See latter half of #8…)
This got me to thinking how lucky I am to still be growing enough and expanding my world enough to be able to experience these wonderful firsts. Aren’t we lucky to live in a world that allows this?
Now, of course, this blog being what it is, and with my mind’s perpetual tendency to jump to more risqué subject matter, I got to thinking of my other FIRST and the way it happened a long, long time ago…in a kingdom far away…cough…no, not really. But it was on a back road somewhere in Vermilion Parish, Louisiana. :O But, I digress!
I got to thinking how ‘unspectacular’ that first time was…for me, anyway…and started thinking about what type of person I would have chosen if I could pick ANYONE in the world to lose IT with. He or she, if you so choose, can be a real person, an actor, a character in a movie, or a book. (I do, however, draw the line at bestiality…you KNOW who you are!)
Now, I’ve always been drawn to older, more mature men. I’m not talking about someone who has to use a walking cane or anything like that, but, if I could do it over, I’d want someone with a little more finesse. A man who would have shown me how the first time should be done without all the trial and error it led to for years afterwards. Someone who wanted to please me, not just himself.
Ever since I thought of this topic on the way home from the conference yesterday, one picture keeps coming (no pun intended) to mind. Okay, you may think my choice is lame, and this may just be the product of total exhaustion I’ve experienced for the last week or so, but the one face that keeps popping (again, no pun intended) up in my head is the character, Cody Cullen, in the Hallmark movie, “The Christmas Card”. (Played by John Newton) He was a soldier…a loner… who longed to belong to some place and to somebody. Good looking, quiet, caring, and absolutely sensitive to the needs of a woman. I’m sure he would have treated me to a soul searing orgasmic experience I would have remembered fondly for the rest of my life.
So, what about you ladies? Just for kicks, let’s leave the hubbies out. Would you want it to be your teacher, your preacher, a stranger you fantasized about in an elevator? Would it be a character in a novel, someone from the big screen, or a television show? Would he be a real person like a president, or a professional athlete?
Expand your horizons, girls, and tell me who you’d like to lose IT with if you could make the choice of anyone you choose.
Have fun fantasizing….I sure did.
P.S. I was just kidding about the bestiality thing…just wanted to make y’all ask yourselves “WHO the hell is she talking about??? Did it work? LOL!)